We went to the doctor on Monday and she did an ultrasound of the baby. We got to watch the little heart beats and see the baby move. (The baby didn't like the doc pushing on it.) She measured the little guy (or gal) to check the due date. It was so amazing to see the baby. I think that Dave is still in shock...the O crap...this is really real shock. The doctor printed off a picture of the little parasite growing inside of me, that is really cool. You can see the baby's head, both eyes, nose, mouth, arms, butt, and legs. It is amazing! She didn't even try to look for the gender of the baby because it is still to early. I am only 12 weeks along, so it will be another 6 weeks before they will do that ultrasound.
I am extremely impressed with our doctor. My previous doctor moved, so I was left to choose someone in their practice... I chose someone by name. Her name is Camille Stevensen (good name huna?!). She was so AMAZING with us...she pulled up a chair and talked to us for 30 minutes. She talked with us about the concerns that we have been having, but would never have brought up to a health care provider. Also about the whole pregnancy thing, being first time parents, the optional tests that we can do, and let us know that it is okay to call with questions. She was just awesome with us; we are so lucky to have a doctor that spent time with us, and reassured us.
I don't know, maybe all doctors do that with first time parents--but WOW she won my vote for most compassionate, understanding, informative, and respectful doctor ever! If I can ever get my schedule to coordinate with Brieann's I will post the ultrasound of the little peanut.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I had heard you were pregnant. that's great! Congrats. you aren't too far behind me.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! How fun for you and your doctor sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness you're pregnant...that is AWESOME!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteCan we get some belly pix please?
ReplyDeleteHey Camille! I was thinking about you today...so I thought I would drop you a line the only way I know how, through your blog! I hope all is going well, love ya.
ReplyDelete